26 July 2007

Fitness First: Upmarket Gym


My oh my, what a coincidence! I was just singing praises about C-3 gym, and saying how other bigger gyms are not worth it.

During my CWTS class, I got a call from Richard, a promotions person for FF Greenhills, saying that I was recommended for a free one-day pass. I accepted the offer and agreed to be there by 8pm.

Lady went with me, as well as Touie. We took Touie's car. One thing I noticed was the parking, or rather the lack of availability of it. Once we were able to find a slot, we proceeded to Fitness First and we were greeted by Richard, who showed us the locker rooms and left us there.

The three of us went upstairs. We started our warm ups on the elliptical machines. After five minutes, Touie and I proceeded to work out chest. We warmed up with lying-down dumbbell presses.

One thing we noticed is the lack of respect for others from the other members. The matching pairs of dumbbells were hard to find.

They had plenty of machines, but all the machines lacked the "hardcore" feeling of the free weights training C-3 emphasized. Also, the patrons of C-3 tend to be bigger and more serious in weight training than in Fitness First.

On the plus side for Fitness First, they have all the tools you need to sculpt your physique with the least effort. No loading of plates on machines, all you need to do is move the pin. Also there is duplicity of machines for the most commonly worked out body parts: chest and abs.

I heard from my friend Blossom that the monthly fee is P2,400. The perks you get: free bag, water bottle, use of shower facilities, locker facilities, headset (?), air-conditioned gym, and aerobics classes (I don't know if this is good, I prefer non-airconditioned gyms so I could really sweat it out). I don't know if you would really want to pay such a premium for those perks. Anyhow, it's a matter of personal preference.

My personal preference? I'd rather go to C-3 gym instead for the atmosphere and "hardcore" feeling. :)

Pics to follow.

No comments: